Saturday, September 1, 2012

funk, I hatechu.

I hate funks.  They are inevitable; we all have them from time to time.  They do have purpose to make us re-examine where we're at and what we can do better, change, and all that jazz.  I saw a quote on the web the other day that I have been thinking about: "Invent yourself and then reinvent yourself and stay out of the clutches of mediocrity." -Charles Bukowski.  I think the purpose of these "funks" that we fall into are to reinvent ourselves.  This could be done by a small thing, like re-reading your favorite book or re-arranging your house.  Ultimately, I think it's really just a chance for us to look at our life and look at what we would like different, and how we can change that.  I have felt this way the past week or so--just discouraged, straining to find motivation, aka in a funk.  Next week will be better, and hopefully the next better than the one before.

I can't believe it's already September 1st today.  Where has 2012 gone?  I must say that it is racing by, at least for me.  Last I remember I was making resolutions for the New Year.  Time to get moving on those if you haven't already, only four more months and then another year will pass us by.  This is my favorite time of year.  I love fall with sweaters and boots and scarves and beautiful weather outside.

That is all.  One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment