Thursday, January 5, 2012
My Typical Thursday nights
Let's discuss my life, or at least my life on Thursday nights from 6-10 p.m. Every Thursday night I have school at University of Phoenix. I have been going there for about a year now, and have a little over a year before I graduate. Anyways, the real point of this specific blog post is that I feel the need to discuss the events of this specific Thursday night. First of all, seeing as I am majoring in Software Engineering, I expected to obviously be majorly out numbered by men in all of my classes. Let me tell you, I have been the only girl in every class since I have started there. This is totally fine with me, seeing as I usually feel more comfortable around guys anyway, besides my good girlfriends. Anyways, tonight my teacher decided since it was the last week, that he didn't really feel the need to lecture about what he was supposed to, and that he had made a list of controversial topics and we would discuss. Seeing as we are a classroom of geeks, the first subject of course was android versus iOS. Totally normal. We went through a bunch of other subjects, and eventually my teacher brought up video games. From here, I learned way more about MW3 (Modern Warfare 3 for you amateurs) than I think I ever needed to know. Of course, he then brings up the subject of social networking making people less prone to actual socializing in person. The only part of this conversation that I enjoyed was the discussion of how boys (men is a questionable term in this case) spend all of their time playing video games and forgot how to take a girl on a date, or simply lose interest in such a thing. This made me laugh and of course my teacher basically asked my "female" opinion on every subject, I think mostly just to make me feel involved in the male-dominated discussion. I am not saying that all guys are like this when it comes to video games, but it is something to think about....one of the most common arguments is that staying at home and playing video games is cheaper. Really? If you hadn't bought all of those video games that cost an average of $60 each, then maybe you would have money to take someone out to dinner. That is my viewpoint on the men staying home playing video games instead of socializing with the world situation. I know that not all guys are like that, but I just felt like vocalizing my opinion as well as sharing with the world what my typical Thursday nights are like...in a room full of men. I know, it sounds like a pristine situation, but all of them are married. That is all. What I learned tonight is that MW3 apparently, rocks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love the abbreviated names for video games: MW3, COD (call of duty), WOW (world of warcraft) etc. So cheesy and stupid. I mean, I love video games, just as much as the next bro, but I agree, if thats all you do all day, no one can relate to that if you're having a convo over dinner about it. Nice JD. Makin all the boys feel lame!
ReplyDelete